Last week I, Sean O’Kelly – the owner of XAPP Design, gave a class on using modern UX design to build web and mobile applications. The days of having to use separate technologies and tools to build web versus mobile apps are gone. The sooner you learn to design for both web applications and mobile apps, at the same time, the better off you will be in the future.
NOTE: for more information on trainings and demo material available please visit the Independent Application Developers Network at IADN.com.
What is UX Design anyway?
In a nut shell, UX Design is the process, as indicated in the graphic image, of combining the business goals, user needs and information to create the best User eXperience based on the device they are using. Why isn’t it called UE then? I have no idea, but probably not as cool of a name.
Advantages of UX Design
- Target web and mobile platforms using the same dev tools
- Reuse components in web and mobile views
- Reduce development time
- Leverage new browser technology
- User interaction is optimized
- A better experience leads to better results
- many more!
Topics Covered in the Class
- Some Examples showing design variety
- Basic and Complex Layout Structures
- Using Layouts, Navigators and Panel cards
- Some tips and tricks to developing the UX
- Question and Answer
Example App Types Discussed
- Mobile SaaS App with User/Vendor scenario
- Disconnected Mobile App for Field Inspections
- Web based HIPAA compliant app
View Intro Video to the class
To view the first few minutes of the class for free and to get a peek at what will be covered click on the link below.
RAD Tool for Web and Mobile App Development
To use and leverage UX Design principles it’s best, in my opinion, to use a Rapid Application Development tool. The proper tool will allow you to build Web, IOS and Android application with one code base. One of the best tools on the market for developing web and mobile applications using UX Design is Alpha Anywhere by Alpha Software.
Who is Sean O'Kelly?
- Owner of XAPP Design, Inc.
- 22 consecutive years of business application development experience
- Loves hoping in his Jeep and taking his dogs on hikes in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
- Developer of custom applications for nearly any business need
- IADN Advisory Board Member
- Got a problem? Let’s figure out a solution!
- Have an idea? Let’s make it a reality!
Monday, October 12, 2020 2:12 PM
As more and more people are forced to stay at home due to quarantine measures from COVID-19, digital media consumption, perhaps unsurprisingly, has increased. In fact, someresearchersforesee a 60% increase in media consumption as a result of the stay-at-home guidelines. Whether or not your business can still conduct business in person or not, this increase in media intake means it is now more important than ever to expand and build upon your digital marketing presence, and to focus your efforts towards target marketing during COVID.
What is Target Marketing?
Using data from your digital marketing ads and media, businesses are able to segment and categorize consumers into different demographics to find which audiences are their most ideal customers. This is known as target marketing. By having access to this data, you can determine critical information about your perfect customer in addition to general demographic information, such as online behavior, purchase history, repeat purchases, and loyalty. Using this information, businesses can tailor their product, website, and marketing strategies to fit into that target audience. When considering this, it is easy to see there are many benefits to target marketing!
What are the Best Digital Channels and Strategies for Target Marketing?
Depending on your target audience and your product/business, there may be digital channels and strategies that are more suited for your marketing plan. Here are some of the best ways you can collect data about your target audience and engage with your consumer:
- Social Media. No matter what demographic your business is targeting, chances are all of your consumers are on social media in one form or another. From Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and more, creating engaging and interesting content to appear on your consumer’s social media can bring “social traffic” to your website.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO). When consumers type in keywords to a search engine, pages of relevant businesses, websites, and other results come up. Most times, consumers only look at the first page of results. Search engine optimization can make your page appear faster on search engines, which could bring in new customers to your business. While this is an effective strategy, SEO can take years to materialize, as it takes a lot of content creation to appear quickly on a search engine.
- Paid Search. Paid searches include paid advertising on media channels, like Pay Per Click posts and social media boosts. Paid search is one of the more expensive ways to target market, however, it yields results quickly, and is ideal during this time of COVID.
- mail Marketing. Especially during a lockdown, update your email marketing strategy to reflect the tone and challenges of the time. For example, instead of emailing your new opening hours or safety precautions, a restaurant may consider emailing out new and fun recipes or innovative ways to engage your children with cooking. This content, while not “selling” anything, will keep your audience engaged, even when they are away.
- Affiliate Programs and Third-Party Resellers. Sites like Amazon, Groupon, Rakuten, Ebay, and Etsy, can promote your products and sell to new customers. Though you will have to give up a percentage of sales, it may be more cost-effective than paying directly for marketing.
- Give Back to the Community. Though not a digital marketing strategy, shifting your business model to give back to the community will increase support and brand awareness. You can give back in multiple ways, like donating, collaborating with other businesses, or volunteering.
AtXAPP Design, we worry about your digital marketing and target marketing strategy, so that you don’t have to. Leave the data, statistics, and content creation up to us so that you can focus on running your business and creating a great product. Since opening, we have built up a reputation for creating a positive return on investment for our clients, and guarantee that our strategy works. Don’t believe us? Just visit ourFacebookto see for yourself. To learn more, fill out acontact formor give us a call at 1-866-477-XAPP (9277).
Tuesday, November 24, 2020 12:00 AM
If you don’t have a holiday digital strategy in place for your business, the time to start creating one is now!
It’s no surprise that the 2020 holiday season will look different due to COVID-19. Digital marketing will be crucial this year, as consumers have been spending more time online. According to MediaPost, 71% of consumers plan to do more than half of their holiday shopping online. Nearly two-thirds of consumers want to shop at and support local businesses.
How can your business attract customers and boost its digital presence during the holidays? Here are some tips to put you ahead of the competition:
Tweak Your Message to Connect with Current and Potential Customers
It is the most wonderful time of the year, and your holiday marketing campaigns should reflect that. Focus on fun and light-hearted messages by tying your products or services to family, quality, and yes, even being stuck in quarantine. Showcase how your products or services are relatable and can bring value to and improve your quality of life.
Many consumers still feel vulnerable due to the pandemic and brand messaging should recognize and adapt to current circumstances. Brand messaging should focus on understanding your customer’s needs, willingness to help, and most importantly, connecting with your customers. How your business behaves and reacts will have a large impact on what consumers buy in a post-COVID-19 world.
Develop Your Target Audience
In a perfect world, your holiday marketing plans would be mapped out in the middle of August. But, it’s not too late to start. If you plan to target your products or services to a wider audience during the holiday season, make sure you budgeted accordingly and prepared targeted brand messaging for each different demographic.
For example, let’s say you only advertise to consumers already using your product or service. Consider expanding your audience to target existing consumers’ loved ones this holiday season. The wider target audience can lead to consumers buying a gift for their loved one
Use Social Media
While social media is continually changing, our desire to connect is constant – now more so than ever. A recent survey shows over one-half of the global population (almost four billion people) use social media daily. The average user spends 2.25 hours per day online. Invest in social media marketing if you want to get noticed by a wider audience. As consumers online scroll through their social channels, they can click on your ad, find out more information, and purchase your product or service. With any paid digital marketing, focus your budget on social channels that will reach your target audience.
Create Festive Content
Digital marketing includes many channels, but it’s essential to complement your holiday marketing efforts with rich content.
Look for ways to tie the holidays to your products or services by creating holiday-themed content:
- Wow Your Family with These Healthy Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Great Tech Gifts for Him
- How to Host an Unforgettable Virtual Holiday Party
Incorporate your products or services by linking to pages on your website while acknowledging the holidays:
- Seasonal Sales – save 25-50% Selected Products
- Find the Perfect Gift for Mom for the Holidays
- Shop Now – Pay Later: Ask Us About Holiday Financing
When marketing to your audience, use winter-themed graphics such as snow, gifts wrapped in festive colors, or a family gathered around a fireplace. These images convey a sense of warmth, togetherness, and nostalgia – something customers are searching for this holiday season.
Are you ready to write your holiday digital marketing list and check it twice? Let our team at Xapp Design help with your upcoming campaigns, so you can get the most out of your marketing efforts. Call us today at 866-477-XAPP (9277) to speak with one of your marketing consultants or fill out the contact form on our website.
Friday, December 11, 2020 12:21 PM
2020 has been a year like no other in our lifetime and if you’re like a majority of Americans you are probably counting down the days until we raise our glasses and start a new year. With the Coronavirus pandemic ravaging the global economy and wiping out calendars and social gatherings staying in touch with people through technology is becoming even more important. In fact, research shows the average United States adult spends 3 hours and 43 minutes on their mobile devices. That’s roughly 50 days a year! If you spend a lot of time on your smart device, chances are you frequently useapplicationsfor daily tasks, reminders, banking, shopping, organization, photo editing, and even fun.
The Apple App Store has 1.96 million apps available for download. There are 2.87 million apps available for download on the Google Play Store. The average person has over 80 apps installed on their device, and new apps are created almost daily.
Two major factors that drove the eruption of mobile apps are:
- User’s ability to download and use smart apps on their devices
- Luxury of carrying their mobile phones wherever they go
In terms of apps, we have relied so much on them as a society that they are not going anywhere anytime soon, in fact, they will only continue to evolve and grow as times change. Here are some trends to watch for according tobuildfire
1. Internet of Things (IoT) App Integration: Mobile apps can be used to adjust the thermostat in a house from a remote location, lock or unlock a front door, and connect to home security systems. Refrigerators and other household appliances can also be connected to mobile apps.
2. Apps For Foldable Devices: The idea is that an app should seamlessly adjust its display as the screen folds or unfolds. Right now, foldable devices are just a sliver of the overall smartphone market share. But this will change in the coming years. According to a 2019 study by USA Today, 17% of iPhone users and 19% of Android users are excited about buying a phone with a foldable design. According to Statista, roughly 3.2 million foldable phones were shipped in 2019. This forecast is expected to reach 50 million units by 2022.
3. 5G Technology: For developers, resellers, and creators, this technology is poised to change the way apps are used and created. The penetration of 5G will ultimately boost the functionality of mobile apps. This will allow developers to add new features to apps without negatively affecting the app’s performance.
4. Development For Wearable Devices: More mobile apps will be made with wearables in mind. Users will be able to download tens of thousands of apps directly from their wrist.
5. Beacon Technology: The main benefit of beacon technology is proximity marketing. It ultimately improves the customer experience within a mobile app.
6. Mobile Commerce: Mobile ecommerce functionality is a top feature for mobile app resellers to showcase during client pitches. It seems like every day another business is launching an app to drive sales.
7. Artificial Intelligence (AI): Examples of AI features that can be implemented into a mobile app include:
- Image recognition
- Face detection
- Text and image classification
- Sentiment recognition and classification
- Speech recognition
- Predictive maintenance
8. Mobile Wallets:Wallet integration should become a standard feature for every app that processes transactions. Currently, that’s not the case. But the mobile wallet penetration rate in apps will grow significantly in the coming years.
9. Augmented Reality (AR): AR adaption is a top app development trend for content creators. You can use this technology to get creative as Instagram and Snapchat do with face filters.
10. Chatbots: Since chatbots are driven by AI technology, their responses are becoming more human-like. The global chatbot market is growing at 24% each year.
11. Superior App Security: From an app development standpoint, you can’t afford to take any shortcuts when it comes to securing your app. If you’re an app reseller, security needs to be a top priority for your clients as well.
12. Predictive Analytics: By leveraging technology for machine learning, AI, data mining, and modeling, predictive analytics can forecast events using data.
13. On-Demand Mobile Apps: Users spend $57.6 billion per year using on-demand services. These are some examples of how apps can transform the on-demand industry:
- Laundry service
- Doctors on-demand
- Virtual tutors and coaches
- Food delivery
- House cleaning
- Maintenance services
- Fitness on-demand
- Pet care
- Barber and beauty salon
14. Cloud Computing Integration:Cloud storage technology can improve the performance of mobile apps at the user’s end. Apps can store data and carry out complex tasks on the cloud, as opposed to storing information directly on the user’s device.
15. Instant Apps: Users can try the app without installing it. They just need to click on the “try now” button. Instant apps have size restrictions, so it won’t necessarily be a full version of the app. But these limitations could change in the coming years.
As you can see, mobile app development is constantly changing. From simple ideas to the very complex, XAPP Design can design a mobile app that fits the bill. Your app will work on Android and IOS, be available on those app stores, and will have native device functionality. Visit us online today to learn more, don’t forget to follow us on Facebook
Wednesday, September 23, 2020 11:09 AM
While “safer at home” orders lifting nationwide and life is slowly returning to some form of normal, most of us continue to spend more time than ever on our smartphones, computers, and other electronic devices. From work Zoom calls to scrolling social media, our digital dependence is more apparent than ever.
As a business owner, it can be tricky to navigate through the digital marketing waters. One of the most important things you can do is ensure your website is ready to keep up with this demand. That means your website should be relevant, up to date, and provide a great user experience.
The experts at Xapp Design have compiled a list of the importance of maintaining or creating your website during uncertain times.
During the pandemic, several businesses had to close or decrease operations temporarily due to state and federal mandates as well as for the safety of their employees and customers. A website or e-commerce site was likely one of the only ways for businesses to serve and engage with customers – making it an essential component to the survival of your business.
While you may not be able to cater to in-person customers, fortunately, the Internet is open 24/7/365. This allows you to cater to customer demand, just in a new, socially-distanced way.
Online shopping has increased exponentially in 2020. Consumers are routinely visiting online search engines for their shopping needs. By having a website that shows up prominently on search engines, online directories, and review platforms, you are ensuring your business is digitally well-represented. In addition to having an easily recognizable web address (URL), make sure your other contact information is easily located.
Supplement to Social
Having a fully-functioning website can complement your other marketing efforts. While social media still leads the way in digital marketing strategies, a professional, user-friendly website provides a channel to share value-added information and start a conversation with potential customers.
If your website is built with great user experience in mind, you can cater to all your customers and their communication preferences – whether it is a live chat, click to call, or completing an online contact form. This also allows you and your business to field customer service inquiries more efficiently. Including a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section to your website can provide value-added information while helping to reduce customer service costs and resources.
Without a website, your business is not staying competitive within your industry or field. It could cause you to miss out on new customers, or worse, lose customers to a competitor. Since so many businesses are now online, it is crucial to capitalize on all digital marketing opportunities.
To help your business stay competitive and relevant, Xapp Design is offering a COVID-19 Website Promotion. Good for all kinds of businesses, the program offers special COVID-19 recovery pricing with approved website financing for a limited time.
Whether your current website needs maintenance or you have no online presence to speak of, Xapp Design is here to help! We can create a professional website to help keep your clients and customers up to date while staying ahead of the competition. Contact one of our marketing experts at 1-866-477-9277 to schedule your free evaluation. Visit our portfolio page to view samples of our recent web designs.
Special Covid19 Recovery Pricing and Financing Available For A Limited Time Only!
Included with your new website:
Special Offer: $300 Down + $50/month for 24 months.
Included with your new shop:
Special Offer: $600 Down + $100/month for 24 months.
Your Business Is Unique - Shouldn't Your Website Be?
BE WHERE IT COUNTS SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
Connect with your target market online. Relevant Social Media Channels.
Social Media Marketing Services
Social Media Campaign Management
Social Ad Campaigns on a small or large scale can increase brand awareness, increased followers, and increased website traffic. Ad Campaigns allow you to directly target your ideal customer. We help create and manage Social Ad Campaigns which drive conversions and relevant traffic.
You decide on a monthly budget for all social media campaigns, which allows you to reach your customers fast and effectively.
How do you get Setup?
We do comprehensive research in your industry helping your find your target market. Based on our research we will recommend certain social media channels. Once we’ve discovered where you best fit in, we begin to update existing profiles or create new profiles.
There’s a one time setup fee to get you started. We begin optimizing your social media page and create campaigns.
How much does it cost to hire someone to build a website?
There are many components to building a website. These components include: Ecommerce, blogging, content creation, branding, CTA (Call to Actions), Newsletter Signups, Custom Contact Forms, and other deliverables.
The average 10 Page website without Ecommerce and custom forms or content creation will cost about $1500.
The average Ecommerce website with shipping Plugins and a payment gateway starts around $3000 & Up.
Xapp Design, LLC includes an integrated Blogging platform and Custom Contact Forms with each website package.
Branding and Content Creation along with custom graphics will require a much larger package.
How long does it take to build a website?
On average from conception to completion can be completed in less than 30 Days. We start by giving you a custom quote explaining all the options. Next, we give you a Blueprint outlining the project completion date and steps needed to complete the project. Finally, we wrap up the project by reviewing your newly build website and responding to your feedback. Then it goes live!
How can I make web design?
There’s many free website builders. In fact, the platform we use is free. However, it requires technical skills and SEO skills to get your website to perform in the search engines. Having a website where no one visits would make your website an expense, rather than an investment. Furthermore, having a user-friendly website with rich content and strong call to actions is equally important. So, you have 3 options on how to make a website.
- Hire a professional website designer
- Work with a website builder
- Build it the using html files. (not desirable these days)
How do I market my business?
We’ve all purchased products and services either in person, direct mail, billboard, radio, newspaper, internet, or word of mouth. So, which is right for your business? Marketing in 2018 has changed drastically. People rely heavily on the internet for researching and reviews before making a purchase of any kind.
So how do you market your own business? The best way is to hire a Digital Marketing Company who can help your professional present your company online. Xapp Design offers online marketing services.
How do we market your business online? XAPP Design collaborates and networks to expand your promotions and branding. We create Buzz and relevant traffic for your company. We teach you to build relationships online by offering content creation, coupons, newsletter sign-ups, referrals platforms, and networking. Using Social Media Platforms, Major Search Engines, Business Citations, Blogging, News Releases, and SEO techniques.
Xapp Design creates a marketing plan specific to your industry with marketing research to drive it. Together we will create a unique selling proposition to target your audience and create a niche.
NEED HELP MANAGING SOCIAL MEDIA OUTREACH
Span across multiple platforms to increase leads and convert customers.
Social Media Management Services
Do you need a way to engage, measure and monitor your social media platforms? Want to increase the leads and convert them to a customer/client?
We offer Social Media Management to span across multiple platforms. We create high-quality content, daily activity, and help you increase your followers on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Youtube, Instagram, and others.
We consult with you to learn your business so every posting is your voice. Our visuals are professional and we use high quality images. We write high quality content customizing it for your industry.
The goal is to be the expert, authoritative, trustworthy! You’re reputation is more important than ever!
Social Media is now being used as a search engine as well as a place to look for references. Your Social Media Platform is equally important as a great website. With billions of post per day what will make your post unique? Engagement, referral and relevancy, will make you stand out! So get started today and we will help you be on top of your game!
Custom Web Development
Responsive Website Design
XAPP Design follows a proven formula to create market-leading websites that convert into new business inquiries, backed up with effective digital marketing activity to drive the website visitors and brand awareness needed to reach your most valuable and profitable target customers. Our websites will respond well on all platforms whether desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile.
From Concept to Creation we will ensure that your website is effective at driving sales and inquiries for your business, we also make sure that your website is attractive, well-designed and engaging.
As your website is the first impression for many potential customers, it’s important that it looks great and is aesthetically pleasing. We will carefully consider color schemes, fonts, layout, copy, and logos (all within your brand guidelines) to create a website that you feel fully represents your brand.
We’ve worked with businesses across the region to deliver digital marketing success and would love to work with you to do the same. We will expand your digital footprint and create additional value for your brand with a mobile app for your business’ products or services. We all also ensure your customers are treated to a phenomenal experience.
Small Business Websites.
We specialized in small business websites. We consult with you to bring your ideas and visions to reality.
Lead Generation Websites.
Convert your website traffic into leads by driving visitors to your most valuable services and products.
Look good on all platforms. Mobile websites, today, have more traffic than any other platform.